Monday, June 26, 2023

Day 42: A Point of Origin

 A note on the blog title: This is day 42. "Forty-two days" was the original title of this blog when I learned I would be getting 6 weeks/42 days off work with Sabrina's birth. Because Sabrina was born on a Friday (and with a 3-day weekend), that 42 days stretched to 45. This time around, I get 7 weeks, so this time will be closer to 50 days. As such, the time is ticking away, but it's not all gone yet.

I got up early this morning to pick up a grocery order. Scrambled around to try to get everything packed up. We weren't ready. I ended up taking Betty to the zoo while Jen did some more packing.

Dropped an anxious Betty with cousin Meghan and her 5 kids. 4 girls, and Oliver, who's Betty's age. Betty was excited to go to the zoo, but nervous about just about everything else. I guess they had a really fun time. I hope Betty has a blast at their house (at the beach!) this week.

Jen had us almost packed up when I returned while Sabrina snuggled Ida:


Finally, we were able to take off. Lunch was at one of our favorite places: Big Jim's Drive in in the Dalles, Oregon.

No bozos.


It was a long drive. Had to make periodic stops to wake up Ida, change diapers, do her mouth stretches that make her cry, and feed her.

looking cute? guilty as charged.


Stopped in Cashmere, Washington where my Mom grew up and laid some flowers on Grandma and Grandpa's grave.

Stirred up an anthill cleaning the grave.





Made it to our hotel, got swarmed by mosquitos so we grabbed what we could and went inside.

And here we are...


... a little bit punchy.

Tomorrow: adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment