Friday, June 2, 2023

Day 18: Finally, a break

 I feel like I've been running nonstop for the last 18+ (really, about 30) days, and today was the first day I felt like I got even a bit of rest.

 

I had my final meeting for my side-gig-job this morning. Actually, they have another 2 weeks on my contract, but they're saving it for later. I've never met a company more stingy with hours. They sure use me and listen to me like I'm charging $800 an hour. I WISH I was getting paid $800 an hour. [Prospective employers out there, I'm DEFINITELY worth $800/hr. REALLY. ]

 

Jen got Betty ready this morning. When Jen (holding Ida) went in to Betty's room to wake her up, Betty scooped up Ida and brought her in for a snuggle:

 

 

I got a LONG morning nap, and after that, the world was OK. We went in for a follow up OB appointment today. There sure are a lot of doctor appointments. This one was for Jen, as opposed to for the baby. Again, much different than Andaluz. 

 I even got to a few projects today-- I did some repair on my record player and our living room couch. I also broke a lamp in the living room, so I'm not sure I'm ahead of the game.

I started on my project that I've delayed for a few months-- swapping out the motherboard and processor on our desktop PC. I have the parts, I just need to swap them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

We watched the last 3 episodes of Wednesday. It was very Scooby-Doo-like, and altogether ooky.

Marquam (my REAL job) sent a fruit bouquet today. What a great company to work for.


The chocolate teddy bears were chocolate-dipped pineapple. Heaven.

I talked to my mother on the phone tonight. She saw a picture of my hair on facebook, and was beyond freaked out. This is going to be fun.

Other than that on the horizon, things are good. Ida is cute. Life is starting to feel more normal-- or maybe I just finally got a full amount of sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment