Friday, June 16, 2023

Day 32: These Last Days

 The last day of school for these kiddos.

At Sabrina's request, I got up early and made a donut run. Sabrina and Betty were super excited to go to school. 

I love that we've taught our kids that everyone helps out and everyone changes diapers. And they all do a good job of it. Betty was changing a diaper this morning, and Ida let loose with a high arch of pee that backfired on Betty. Betty was quite miffed that Sabrina and I laughed so hard, but she was a good sport and hadn't changed into her last-day-of-school outfit anyway.

Betty: dry, happy, helping out, and super ready for the last day 

 

Jen made this photo frame for Sabrina and Ida during her art classes this week:


Jen finished her week of art classes, and Jen, baby and I ran an errand. While we were out, apparently Edgar's phone alarm didn't go off or something, and Edgar missed the last day of Wy'East / pottery class.

I actually didn't get to hear how Sabrina's last day went-- this is a self-reminder to ask her about it tomorrow.

We went to Betty's last-day of Kindergarten celebration. Betty had managed to play in dirt today, so that pretty, excited girl ended up looking like some homeless child. Oh well. She's ours.

Betty's end-of-year celebration had a 24-minute slideshow, which was about 10x as long as it needed to be, but every minute was super cute. Ida sacked out on a table during the proceedings. I sat down criss-cross-applesauce and managed to put both my legs to sleep. I would make a terrible kindergartner.


 They're still talking?

Last day sidewalk chalk. This one's a winged unicorn, but NOT Princess Celestia.

Mrs. Brusseau, best Kinder teacher ever.

This afternoon/evening was especially loud and chaotic at our house. After dinner (scrambled eggs+the last of the donuts. Thanks, Jen!) we started a semi-spontaneous Mario Kart game.

Sabrina's got the holding-baby kart handicap.

A few races in, I discovered I was super tired and begged off. Jen took my place in racing, and I went for a super early bedtime.

Now I'm up for a midnight feeding, and all is well and quiet in the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment