Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Day 30: A High Schooner?

 Another long night with Ida. Nothing unusual, but it's getting to the point where she will drink a few sips of milk, fall asleep for as long as she stays on me, but once I put her in the bassinet, she's got 2 minutes before she begins crying and starts the cycle again. I can do some of the night with her sleeping on me, but it gets ridiculous, and I don't get great sleep.

 

 

 ...but she's so cute.

 

Nothing much to report today. Today was Jen's busiest day on her art week, so she spent a lot of time in online art classes. I was supposed to get Sabrina and Betty ready for school and out the door, but I was kindof lame. They both eventually made it there, even if I was tired and grumpy, and Betty wasn't speaking to me. 


We had Edgar's (rescheduled) online promotion. Edgar's joke of the day was "If I'm getting a promotion, does that mean I get a pay raise?" Edgar is now officially a high schooler. Autocorrect wants me to change that to "high schooner", which is pretty awesome too. The graduation was super boring, as all graduations are super boring. Edgar wondered (loudly and repeatedly) why we were forcing them to watch the whole thing. Nevertheless, it happened, and it's over.

 

It was a relaxing afternoon, and I got some hammock time and some video game time in. Jen had her literary critique group and her neighborhood ladies night, so she got to be social and fancy. She took Ida to ladies night and let all the ladies coo over her.

(boy that fisheye effect makes your arm look HUGE)

Now, for a relaxing evening and some nachos. That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment