Monday, June 5, 2023

Day 21: A Visit from the Aunties

 I stayed up way too late with Ida last night, and it messed me up. I was not OK this morning. I've been not-OK for most of the day, but not for any good reason (other than general lack of sleep)

Sabrina and Betty were both home from school sick today. Jen ran a tearful Sabrina to Urgent Care to confirm that yes, she does have an ear infection. 

I'm worried-- Sabrina and Betty have both gotten sick this year at about twice the rate for normal kids (and about twice the rate for the rest of the family) -- I'm wondering if there's something in their room environment that's making them sick.

I rolled a portable AC unit from one apartment to another. Some friends were getting rid of one, and I know someone in the complex who could use it.

On the way home from that, I noticed that the Panda Express that's been under construction in our neighborhood is finally open. What does that mean? Family Feast for lunch. Betty informed us she doesn't like Panda Express, despite having it for dinner last week and eating a whole plateful. That's Betty for you.

I had to check in with my work-- they've got a project that they need me to do during my break (either I do it, or spend MORE of my break teaching someone else to do it. welp, job security, right?)

Finally got a substantial and well-needed nap this afternoon. Sometime during the nap, a friend brought dinner by. We are so lucky and blessed for having such a good support system. If I could only repay a fraction of the kindness we have been shown, it will be great.

Also got a text from my sisters-- "We're coming over!" I thought about my sweet wife, and how she puts up with my spontaneity, and how it must be hard dealing with me, and then occasionally working with a whole family like me. Me? Spontaneous visit? Let's do this! No planning required!

Our living room was a bit of a mess. I hadn't gotten the PC moved out (I rebuilt it in the living room to have more s p a c e .)  Jen helped me quick evacuate the computer and try to tame all the cords and paraphernalia. 

Had a good visit with my sisters:

Brenda and Ida, eyes open.



This was Danielle's first visit with Ida. She was off seeing her own grandbabies in Texas.

 
 
This evening, I got to finish up re-setting up the computer (it works!) and doing some catchup on the computer. I had Ida snuggled in a desk chair next to me. How cute. She's just stirring now (still in the chair), so I should finish typing this and feed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment