Saturday, June 24, 2023

Day 40: Summer Reading

 So today was our annual Carmichael Summer Read-a-thon day. We spent all day outside, lying on blankets, reading to ourselves or aloud.

I made most of the way through A Knight of the Word by Terry Brooks, and we read out loud the first few chapters of A Game of Fox & Squirrels by Jenn Reese.

As such, nothing much happened, but Jen made sure we had lots of snacks, and we all passed Ida around. It was a great day.

 

Everyone, reading.

Edgar immersed


Sabrina entranced


Jen, Ida, Betty.


Love for Ida



Don't bother me, I'm reading.


In the evening, we packed everything up from outside. Sabrina and I made a quick run to Grandma and Grandpa's house with Ida. Grandma snuggled Ida and made Sabrina vaguely uncomfortable while I watched a rather exciting baseball game with Grandpa.

Had to run from there to pick up pizza and subject our kids to Ocean's Eleven. Heist movies are fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment