Friday, June 9, 2023

Day 25: Day at the Park

 I'm looking back over my blog when we had Sabrina and Betty, and I swear we had better adventures. Trips to the zoo, museums, the coast, all sorts of places. Today, we went to the park. It was a big deal.

Actually, let's back up. It was a hard night. A lot of Ida waking up after just-barely falling asleep. We think Ida got the sniffles from Betty. 

Then, suddenly, after the 5:30 AM feeding, I blacked out for 6 hours. I woke up in the rocking chair at almost noon, coming from one of those deep sleeps where, upon waking, you don't know where you are, who you are, what you're doing, or why you're no longer chasing cattle through swamps or whatever you were doing in your dream.

It was tough coming to, and trying to get a hold on what was going on in the household. Dishes needed to be done, lunch needed to happen, but eventually I took over Ida-duty and got back in rhythm.

There was a family text-chain (Jen's brothers and sisters) where everyone was posting their "office view" for the day. Here was mine:

Experienced parents will note that this diaper is ready to be changed.

Today was an early-release day for Betty. It was a bit rainy, but we decided to do one of the things that I had hoped to do lots of during this break-- Betty and I went and explored a new park. Jen was exhausted and (supposed to be) napping, so I took Ida along too. This limits the amount that Betty and I can play, but Ida's a fun companion.

At somewhat random, we went to Father Blanchet park here in Vancouver. It had a decent play area, but it was a drizzly day, so there weren't other kids at the park.


Betty was more interested in holding Ida than playing at the park, really.

...and she found ways to incorporate both. That's a good big sister.

Father Blanchet Park also happened to be near my favorite Dairy Queen (is it weird that I have a favorite Dairy Queen?), so a post-park treat was in order.


 
As we were leaving DQ, we got a call that Grandma was at our house looking for a baby to snuggle. We headed right home, but knowing my mom is impatient, we watched for her car. I thought I saw her and got out of the car to wave-- it was a DIFFERENT old lady in a brown buick (total old lady car, right?). Got in the car to leave, and there was mom at the same intersection, in the same car. Ha! This time I did get to talk to her a bit.

Dinner was a lovely donated homemade pot pie. Pot Pie is Jen's favorite, and it was a really superior pot pie. After dinner, I got to finish that work project I mentioned yesterday.

Then, bedtime, and doing this all over again.

 
 
Oh-- some pictures from yesterday:
Ida and I in the hammock. Boy, I look fat. I'm hoping I can use this as the "before" picture.

Jen and Betty gave Ida her first bath. I wasn't involved, and I'm totally OK with that.


What a good big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment