Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Day 23: Bananagrams


 

 

Boy, are we sleepy lately!

 

I had one of those mornings where, at the 6 AM feeding, I thought I was ready to face the day. I took a shower, and by the end of the shower, all my energy had gone. Slept and slept. Tried to wake up for a 9:00ish feeding and was falling asleep so badly with Betty in my arms, I had to call in an assist from Jen. Unfortunately, the older kids were too riled up for me to actually get any rest. 

 

Yes, both Sabrina and Betty are still sick and still home from school. (sigh)

 

Mid-day today, Ida was wakeful, and the kids were helpful enough that between the four of us, we let Jen have some much-needed rest. You see, she tried to overdo it yesterday. This morning, she was reminded that she is recovering from surgery and needs way more rest than that.


My sister Brenda showed up this afternoon with a brand new fuzzy warm crocheted blanket for Ida. Of course, Sabrina wrapped it around her right away and decided she looked like a banana


An adorable banana!

 

 

So today was all about getting Jen the rest she needed. I DID get my hammock up for the first time this year. I have a close relationship with my hammock and it helps me relax. The kids love it, too when they can kick me out.

 

I got a lot of reading done today and almost finished my book.

 

Ida slept in the rocking chair a bit this evening, and Jen, Edgar, and I got to play a round of wingspan. Sabrina was in pain between dosages of pain meds. That earache is awful.

 

 

Ida is now one of us. She has anagrams. Her name is one of the most anagrammable of ours (Sabrina's is good too). Here are some good ones:


 

 Ida Carmichael=

 

Acclaimed Hair

Ceramic Dahlia

A Childcare Aim

A Medical Chair

I Heard Acclaim

Ah! Radical Mice!

 

Ida Bernice Carmichael =

 

Rich Rebel Academician

Cleric Reached Namibia

Brainier Academic Lech

Mechanical Birdie Care

Dear Anarchic Imbecile

Archaic Medicinal Beer

Embrace Chili Radiance

A Chic Librarian Emceed

I? I Can Climb a Cedar Here

I Can Embrace a Red Chili

A Chamberlain Cried "Ice!"

An America Bride Cliche`

An Herbicidal Ice Cream

An Icier Chemical Beard

 



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment