Sunday, June 25, 2023

Day 41: Preparation

There's this guy Adam who asked me for a wake-up-text and ride to church ages ago. So, I have been pretty faithfully texting him at 9:45 AM every sunday for the last 4 or 5 months. Today he finally responded and asked for a ride to church. Persistence pays off, I guess. So, Betty and I picked up Adam and went to church. Had a lovely time at church (not with Adam... he disappeared), and home for a lovely nap.

This afternoon, I drove 45 minutes (each way) to Wilsonville to car swap with my nephew Garrett. Garrett was kind enough to loan me his (fairly new and very fancy) Toyota 4Runner for the week so we can climb the mountain to the fire lookout Tuesday. Garrett got our dumpy Ford Flex for the week. This 4Runner has all sorts of fancy things like push-button ignition and fancy radar-assist cruise control. But it doesn't have a dang CD player. How is that progress? I feel like such a luddite dealing with this car with all the technology in it...

Back at home, desperately trying to pack last minute and being distracted by everything.

pictured: everything.


So, not much to report. Tomorrow is more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment