Monday, June 12, 2023

Day 28: A Childcare Aim

 4 weeks old today! Where has the time gone?

I spent a lot of time today-- A LOT-- caring for Ida. Most of the night, up and feeding her, and much of the day, too. As such, it was just a constant cycle of wake, feed, diaper, nap, and not too interesting to report.

Betty had Field Day (officially THE BEST day of school) today. Here she is, excited for Field Day, and way too big for being a Kindergartner:


 

Mom came by to snuggle Ida at one point:


I decided at some point today that I don't have enough recent pictures of Ida with her eyes open, so here are a series of attempts, most of which have her half-dozing on my chest at some point in the day:



 
Oh yeah, and lots of time in the hammock. Got some reading, some napping, some staring at the blue sky through the leaves and watching the sunlight and shadow play across the upper branches:
 Yes.

So, it was a nothing-got-done kind of day, but it was the best kind of day. Spending time with my Ida in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment