Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day 28: Four Weeks?!?

No, I can't believe Betty is 4 weeks old. For comparison, here's what I wrote when Sabrina was 4 weeks old.

Here she is, clowning with Edgar:


Sabrina is in more pain, today. The doctor told us that her pain would peak Sunday or Monday, so we're in the thick of it. She wouldn't fully wake up, just enough to moan really loudly, but not enough to really respond to mom and dad's urgings to drink and take pills. It was tough, but we can do hard things. We made it through, we're just super tired.

 Edgar was feeling a little sniffly (or was that snuggly) today and skipped church. I wasn't feeling well, too, but I had to go. So, I went for two hours of total chaos as we had a first rehearsal for Primary Program.

I came home and surprised everyone with Jamba Juice. We needed it, for many reasons.

Sabrina has been watching so very much TV lately-- she's the queen--she can pick what she wants as long as she keeps hydrated. Occasionally, she picks something watchable, like ponies, or Pooh, but more often, it something truly terrible like Julius Junior or Kate and Mim-mim.

The problem (or one of the problems, that is) is that Sabrina gets ideas in her head, and then she HAS to do them RIGHT NOW. Daniel Tiger built a fort, so Sabrina paused her episode and built a fort, RIGHT NOW. Said fort is still in our living room, and complicates where I'm going to sleep tonight, but that's kind of another story.

"don't put that on facebook, dad." - Sabrina

Here, she was watching something, and had to stop and make a paper chain to count down to her birthday. Her birthday is 94 days away.
pictured: 94 paper rectangles.
The Blue's Clues thing from the other day was one of those, too.

Anyway, I got a solid nap, and got up and snuck downstairs to play some Pokemon Colusseum. Jen, Edgar and neighbor Eva joined me, and we had a good long evening of playing Pokemon, trading the controller back and forth. I gave general commands on where to go and who to talk to, which pokemon to use, and Edgar did the battling. It was a good division of labor. I even got a long period of snuggling Betty on me, and dozing off with her while Edgar played.

This is why I'm a big fan of giving your character silly names.

Sabrina saw Banana Bread on some show she was watching, and asked Mom to make her some Banana Bread right away. Jen semi-complied, and whipped up some Zucchini Bread. Yeah, only, too bad for us, the zucchini bread was a failure. Oh well. I'm a fan of trying and failing with cooking. In the early years of our marriage (Actually, I think it's still in force), if one of us [usually Jen- I don't cook much] made dinner, and it was bad, that's automatic pizza night. Since everybody loves pizza, it's a win-win.

Well, everybody settled down in our arrangement that we've had for the last few nights-- Jen and the 3 kids in our bed, and me elsewhere. I'm blogging, then I need to decide whether I'm crashing in Sabrina's bed, or downstairs. Good night.






No comments:

Post a Comment