Friday, October 14, 2016

Day 33: Dia de los Aventuros

Took a lot of pictures today.  I hope that means that I won't have to type very much.
I post all these cute pictures of Betty. Here's one of her looking uncomfortable.

Had a much better night with Sabrina. She has FINALLY turned the corner on her tonsils. She'll be back to school Monday, and things will be better again.

There was no school today. Also, although it rained all night, the day dawned bright, sunny, and clear. It was beautiful. Also beautiful was sleeping in until 8 AM. We got out of the house as early as we could-- 11:30. Ah well.

We got a membership at the AC Gilbert House so we can go there whenever we please. We had a fun time there, although (grumble grumble) they complained and had several of the pokestops removed, so the pokemon playing there was mediocre at best.

Once we got inside, Edgar and Sabrina wanted to go different ways, immediately.

Jen followed Sabrina away from the crowds-- Sabrina wanted to be ALONE. She did some crafts and made a cute mask for her and one for Edgar.



Edgar, on the other hand, made a beeline for this infrared-camera room and spent a long time there.


Edgar, making awesome patterns on the screen.

Two of us.

("Can you take a picture of me on this big chair?" "I'm sorta busy catching a pokemon... wait... say cheese.")

He played for a while outside in the (surprisingly wonderful) weather, then went inside, and just as we were taking this selfie in the Airplane cockpit, Sabrina showed up to photobomb us.


These can't be REAL airline seats-- they are actually kinda comfortable.

I took baby, and was going to walk around with a sleeping baby, but we stayed in one room, so I sat down and watched the kids play farm.



Edgar had ALL the vegetables.
Chicks.


After not-too-long at the Gilbert House, we went to a different kind of house-- the Pancake House. Then, some Halloween shopping at Goodwill.
"Dad, I found this piece of garbage. Please take a picture of it, so I can put it down."

Finally, it was time for me to do my weekly radio show, which was nice and relaxing.

Headed home to find my kids engaged in making art..
By Sabrina age 5. Pokemon Mew, Articuno, and Muk (Alola variant)
An extra detailed Alolan Muk, by Edgar, age <.


It's gratifying and interesting to see the kids have WAY more artistic talent than I have. What a cool bunch of kids.

Once I got home, the rain started in earnest. We had a downpour going so fast our gutters couldn't handle it. I got my coat on and poked around the foundation of the house to make sure we weren't going to have any basement leaks this time around. Everything looks safe to me.

After dinner, we watched another episode of Star Wars Rebels, which I mostly dozed through. I need some sleep. Took me forever to gather and upload the pictures for tonight's blog. Good night.









No comments:

Post a Comment