Saturday, October 15, 2016

Day 34: We Built this City...

Had a much better night with Sabrina last night-- she really is, slowly, getting better from her tonsillectomy.

Slept in a bit this morning, but sharing a bed with Edgar and Sabrina didn't lend itself to much. At 8, we all shuffled downstairs and giggled over an episode of Animaniacs. Apparently, we were loud, so we woke up Jen and Betty, and the family was awake.

Jen and I had some grandiose plans of teaching our family board games, as we stayed in on this blustery, stormy saturday where all activities and soccer games were canceled.

We started with Carcassone, one of our favorites.

The kids really dug it, and mostly understood it...
...for about 15 minutes, then they got sick of it.


Me, crooning Space Oddity to Betty. Being a parent makes you do weird things.

After that, I retired downstairs to play some more Pokemon Colosseum, with Edgar and Jen arriving shortly thereafter to watch and talk, Did that until I couldn't keep my eyes open, and took a very nice nap in bed while the kids watched movies and Jen and Betty tried to nap in the chair.

After awaking, we got some good reading in, and I got really engrossed in my book. Our friend Andi Camp, formerly of awesome 90s band Ribbon Fix, sent us a fresh-off-the-press copy of her band Temper and Hold's new LP, The Speed of Travel. The packaging is beautiful and the songs completely rock.

Jen left a crying Betty with me so she could take a solo outing to the store. I only-just-barely managed to juggle a fussbudget baby with two other kids and make sure the sick one got her hydration and medication. Finally, as I had to set Betty down to deal with Sabrina, Betty fell asleep in her chair. I got a good 45 minutes of peace, reading and jamming out to records.

Jen came home, and cooked dinner. I took a shower and showered Baby, we had pot pies for dinner, and I wrote up this blog a little early. I'm going out to The Space again tonight for a friend's birthday. Hope it's a good one. I'll fill in with details tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment