Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 28-- Museum Fun

I can't believe Sabrina is 4 weeks old today. She's still a newborn, although she's getting bigger (about half a pound a week), and she's holding her head up more. She even smiled at us today.

We beat bowser on Super Mario last night. I feel like I've accomplished a major goal in my life.

Having had enough of being stuck in the house with two kids, Edgar and I went to the Gilbert House this morning. For those who have never been, it's a children's museum, science museum, playground, and quite simply the best thing to do with kids in Salem.

Here's a tip for you locals: hit the playground first. We showed up at 10 AM, which is when the museum opens (this was a coincidence. 10 AM was just the earliest Edgar and I could stumble out the door). The weather looked like it was threatening rain, so Edgar and I skipped the museum section and went straight to the outdoor playground, in order to make hay while the sun shines (so to speak). We had the whole playground to ourselves. Apparently, all the other parents insist on their kids experiencing something cultural or stimulating before allowing them free rein of the playground.

Edgar and I had fun running around, finding slides, playing the wooden and metal xylo-marimba-glocken-whatevers, and yelling "Power of Grayskull!" into the echo tube.

After the playground, we went inside to absorb some culture.


Edgar and I both designed a quilt on this touch-screen quilt maker. I helped my mom make a few quilts when I was a kid. This is definitely more fun.
 
Feeding carrots to a cow.


After lunch in the car, and more exhibits, Edgar and I again braved the (now-packed) playground,

 
In a truck, driving to mommy's house.

We came home and both of us crashed. I had been feeling a bit of a cold coming on, but after a 3-hour nap, I had that cold zapped. Naps are the best medicine. Naps solve everything.

Edgar woke up before I did, and Ed and Mom made a castle with a tower:


When I woke up, it was time for Mom's nap (see how this works?).  Edgar and I cooked dinner together. Hard boiled eggs.  
Edgar loved it. I have proof. He ate a whole egg.

 Edgar even helped me with the dishes. Mom woke up just in time for Ed's bedtime.

Spent a relaxing evening holding a fussy Sabrina and watching the end of a Jackie Chan movie and the beginning of Red Sonja. Brigitte Nielsen + Ahhnold + Mullets = XXtreme Awesomeness

No comments:

Post a Comment