Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Day 38: Take the Stinkheads Bowling

I claimed not to do a lot yesterday, but for one thing, Jen got a lot done around the house while I was wrestling a screaming baby. For another thing, I took the night shift while Jen slept, and that was pretty nice of me, wasn't it?

Betty screamed at me for about 20 minutes last night while I tried to play video games, and she finally conked out in her bouncy seat. I brought the bouncy seat and Betty along with it upstairs so I could blog and mess around on the computer, and she kept sleeping. I read some of my book, and finally put the bouncy seat in our bedroom and curled up and went to sleep. Jen finally had to wake Betty up to feed her about 4:30. That's about 6 hours of sleep, if you're keeping track. We certainly were.

I had a good morning getting the kids to school and doing a few chores and projects around the house. I spent a lot of the day on the computer downloading some of the digital downloads that came with records we've bought recently, and organizing our digital music collection (which is huge, and requires some upkeep, but is so awesome.)

Betty was cute and awake much of the morning, and then slept for many many hours through the middle of the day.

This is a video of what Jen spends much of her day doing:


I called in to my work today. I was really nervous, although I don't know why. I'm certainly grateful for the support and allowing me to take 7 weeks parental leave. Because of circumstances at work, and halloween, and friends flying into town, I arranged to return to work next week (that's one week early) and take the following week off. What that means for the blog, I think, is that I will take five days off blogging, Oct 24-28, then return to the blog for another week. By my count, that makes my first section FORTY TWO DAYS exactly. Plus about 9 bonus days later.

Anyway, with that all sorted out, we discovered that there are very few days and times left for adventures in the waning days of my leave. We decided that our best option was to take the stinkheads bowling this afternoon.

On the way, I was juggling Jen and my cellphones, trying to get as many pokestops as we could driving across town, and I accidentally triggered one of my hard-earned lucky eggs. Jen was kind and understanding enough to find a park for the kids to play at while I spent 10 minutes trying to restart my phone, and 20 minutes having an unplanned (but still needed) Pidgey Party.

When we finally got to the bowling alley, we had lots of fun and took lots of pictures. Hope you're up for the picture barrage:

  
 
They say bowling alleys...

...got big lanes.

They say all bowling alleys...

... look the same.


my sweetheart.
My other sweetheart.

No, we don't go bowling very often. How did you guess?



In the end, Jen Bob got first, team Disco scored a respectable second, Sabree got third, and The Tornado Person got dead last.

After all that, we started to get a little sick of each others' company. We came home and were snippy with each other. We had yummy leftovers for dinner, and then put the kids to bed. I got my radio show for Friday all ready, and then Jen and I played Ticket to Ride for our weekly board game.

No comments:

Post a Comment