Saturday, October 1, 2016

Day 20: Escape



What a day!

Well, I got to sleep in this morning for the first, and maybe the last time in a very long time. Jen rolled me out of bed to listen to the morning session of General Conference. I rocked Betty and listened as Jen puttered around the house packing and getting ready for our day. I feel a bit guilty as I probably should have done more, but I was sleepy, and conference was on, and this warm baby on my chest was sooooo snuggly.

oh hello there.

After conference, it was determined that one of Edgar's two soccer socks had somehow disappeared in the laundry process over the last week. Having been watching the laundry, I can tell you I only washed one sock, so I don't know where the other one went. Both Sabrina and Edgar have been carping over how tight their soccer socks were, so I ran to the store and got them socks. So, the socks were adult Medium... Call it fatherly overkill, but they certainly won't be complaining about tight socks anymore. The new socks can probably double as pants.

We wanted to have our weekend gear packed in the car before we left for our first soccer game, but it didn't quite happen.

Almost ready to go...

We did get to Edgar's game on time, though, and were met there by my mom and dad. Betty got some grandma snuggles while watching Edgar play a solid soccer game.

very serious soccer fans.

We took grandma and grandpa and had a big family feast at Izzy's pizza before heading back to the field

 Sabrina had a good game as well, and then we bade goodbye to the grandparents, and returned home to pack up our remaining stuff. We loaded up our car and hit the road for Lincoln City.

It's a bit of tradition to do a trip to the coast with our young baby. We did it with both Edgar and Sabrina. We have always looked at the massive Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City from afar, and wondered what it's like to stay there. It's a 10-story hotel built on a cliff that runs from highway level (floors 9 and 10) down to the sand (first floor). We stayed on the 8th floor, with a spectacular ocean view.

(stock photo)

It was dark when we arrived, so we watched Sleeping Beauty and some special features on our in-room DVD player, and snuggled Betty on some chairs on her little co-sleeper bed.

The bedbugs here are REALLY big.

 Our hotel is infested-- LOUSY with pokemon. There's a pokestop and a gym close enough to our room, and there are SO MANY pokemon. I think I know what I'm going to do for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment