Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 22: Jiggety-jog

Just before turning in last night, look who visited our hotel room:
Mister Electabuzz makes a nice pair with the Magmar that I caught returning to Salem today. Yay for pokemon.

So today was the end of our vacation (if you're reading this in reverse order, I give much more details yesterday and the day before). The kids and I got up, had breakfast, and visited the video game room this morning-- yesterday, the afternoon sun was shining in the room so bad you couldn't see any of the screens. We played some video games, but nothing way serious. There was a fun car racing game that Edgar beat both Sabrina and I at. I think our steering might have been a little off... (=

Game room was next to the pool, and we were all dressed, so we spent ALL MORNING in the pool. We got all pruney. It started raining, but the pool was warm enough that we just swam in the rain.

At noon, we packed up and left the hotel. Since it was raining, and we were all tired, and baby was asleep, we just headed right back to Salem. Sabrina was disappointed when she realized that we had skipped a day of school for our adventures. "I don't like that trick, Mama."

Once we got to Salem we were hungry, so we stopped for ribs. Yum.

 I eat my peas with honey.
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny
but it keeps them on my knife.


After that, it was thankfully home. Edgar wanted first thing to go to the trampoline and do some more pretending. Sabrina wanted to watch TV, and Jen and Betty wanted to nap in the chair.

or, stay awake in the chair.
Well, Jen and Betty didn't get much sleep, and I spent entirely too long going through vacation photos and writing three days' worth of blog, and fighting internet connection problems... but we got it done.

Dinner was leftover soup, and I ate all the leftover brisket from lunch. Then, more of the same for all of us. It was a nice little time to decompress.

Now the blog is all done, the kids are in bed, and Jen and Betty are snoozing in the chair. Life is GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment