Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 24: 'zausted

It takes a lot of work to keep this household running right. I feel like I've been running all day, and I'm super tired.

I had a hard time waking up the kids this morning. Once they were awake, I needed a shower and shave. While I was in the shower, Sabrina yelled in and asked if she had ALL her habits-and-chores done early, if she could watch a movie. I said yes. After my shower, I saw Edgar asleep on our bed. I assumed he had also done his habits-and-chores and was resting (as he complained of being SO TIRED when I woke him up). Well, I thought wrong. After packing lunches and getting ready to head out the door, I hollered to Edgar and found him in the same clothes he wore yesterday, having not eaten breakfast, and generally being not ready. It was a struggle getting him to get up and realize that we were late. I had to almost bodily drag him out the door to get him going this morning.

After walking the kids to school, I came home a little overwhelmed by all that I planned to do today. Thankfully, my sweet wife offered to do some of the things (which is WAY AWESOME and more than her share). We make a good team. I did dishes and washed the furnace filter, and finished cleaning the space heaters, and put Betty's crib together upstairs. I planned out (mostly) my radio show for Friday. Jen made a yummy lunch, and we played a short version of our weekly board game, listening to cuts from the radio show. I was sleepy and about ready to drop, so I napped in the chair in the living room with Betty squirming on top of me.I don't know how much time passed before her squirming turned into a full-on tantrum, but thankfully Jen rescued me, and I dropped into bed like a dead man. I was just barely able to pull myself out of bed to walk to school to pick up the kids.

We had Edgar's good friend Jon visit us for the afternoon. Jon helped with the taking-the-garbage-out chores, and then Edgar and Jon spent the rest of the afternoon on the trampoline. I cleaned the toilets (yes, ladies, I do toilets. No ladies, I'm taken.) and read up on Sabrina's surgery for tomorrow.

I finished everything I planned on getting done, so I took a fussing Betty and held her and attempted to play video games while Jen fixed dinner. Betty has been super fussy today. I hope she's not getting sick.
HULK SMASH!
Ahh.... better.

Jon's father, our friend "Uncle Brian" came over and snuggled Betty (and promised to give her a silly name to match Edgar-Edgar and Stevie-Brina).

After dinner, I headed back to KMUZ for another shift of answering phones. This time, the music was good, the calls were plentiful, and I had an enjoyable time.

After answering phones, I hit the grocery store. I prefer shopping after 9 PM or so-- there are fewer people in the store. I remarked before that I was surprised how chaotic the grocery store is in the middle of the day...

Sabrina has her tonsils out in the morning, so I stocked up on every imaginable type of juice, popsicle, ice cream, applesauce, and everything else.

Jen tells me Betty squalled nearly the whole time I was gone. That's not fun. Jen helped me put groceries away despite her tiredness (go Jen!)

Now it's time for both of us to get some rest. Morning comes early, and tomorrow's a big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment