Sunday, October 16, 2016

Day 35: Jello

Last night's show at the Space was way fun.

 It was nice to celebrate Mick's birthday. The band was fun and super talented. The headlining locals had somehow canceled, so the band (as Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters) was their own opening band, doing a capable and fun set of classic covers from The Doors, Black Sabbath, and several others.

 Mick and Daisy each had a drink named after them. Unfortunately, I didn't sample them:

I came home last night, and Jen had made Jello for today's party. [Sabrina saw someone making a jello mold in one of her cartoons, and of course, just HAD to have one of her own] Jen was trying to make a 2-layer jello mold. When I got home, she had one layer setting up in the jello mold and another mixture of jello in a tupperware container. She asked me to check the consistency of jello mix #2-- it was very much a liquid at the time. Jen asked me, if I found myself awake between 11:30 and 12:30, if I would spoon the jello mix into the mold, on top of the other jello.

Betty was being fussy, so I took Betty and let Jen sleep. Pretty soon, Betty fell asleep too. We both slept for a bit, then I woke up about 1:00 uncomfortable and sick of sitting in the chair in that position. Betty was dead out, so I put her down in the bassinet in Jen's room. Then, I went to the fridge to spoon the jello. The second jello mix had fully set up. I was pretty sure that wasn't how it was supposed to be, but it was one in the morning and I was tired, so I followed Jen's instructions and spooned the (fully set up) jello on top of the (also fully set up) jello in the mold. It was ridiculous.

I got fitful rest the rest of the night, but Betty didn't even wake up until 5:30 or so, so that's a victory.

This morning, we all had to roll out of bed to go to church. Since I had a rough night, it was tough for me to stay awake in the first part of church, particularly because the talk was in a foreign language (Marshallese), and was translated into english. My brain did NOT have the patience to wait for a translator.

After the first part of church, we had a LONG practice for our primary program, which is in two weeks. I'm the children's chorister, so it was a lot of work for me, getting all the kids to sing good. I'm rather proud of them. It was a grueling two hours today, and I'm surprised more kids didn't leave the room in tears (just mine, apparently. I promised Edgar I wouldn't elaborate)

We packed the kids home and watched an episode of Star Wars Rebels, then packed them up to my sister Dani's house.

At Dani's, we had a birthday party for my mom. Happy birthday, Mom! We love you!

We (of course) brought Jello as a side dish to dinner (sans the chunks of congealed second batch of jello). Sabrina LOVED it. I have no idea why we didn't think to feed her Jello with this whole tonsil thing-- it just isn't on our radar, I guess. Sabrina was SO impressed with Jello, she made this little note to pass on, by way of advice for future tonsillectomy patients:



text:
MANTHENG
THET SRJRE NIDS
(ORJ)
(FANTSE)
JELOW

FRUT
BAK

translation:

THE MAIN THING
THAT SURGERY NEEDS:
(orange)
(fancy)
JELLO

and then she has a drawing of a jello mold, labeled "Front" / "Back"


Since I'm sharing that, I should also share this-- Sabrina got a sweet Get Well card from her kindergarten class, drawn by her teacher and signed by the class:

Not to be outdone, Sabrina took to her watercolor set, and made a Thank-You card to reply to her class:
I am so proud of both my kids, who at ages 5 and 7 have artistic talents beyond my own.

We came home from the party, had just enough time before bed to watch one more episode of Star Wars Rebels, and then that was it for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment