Friday, September 30, 2016

Day 19: Fun Friday

After putting the kids to bed and blogging last night, I went downstairs to snuggle with my two sweethearts and watch a movie.

There were some cute baby faces:




Our netflix DVD was Crazy on the Outside, a movie with a really great (or at least super okay) cast. Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Ray Liotta, the yellow M&M... but it was TERRIBLE.

I can't put my finger on exactly why it was awful, but it played like the pilot of a rejected sitcom. The dialogue sucked, the actors were phoning it in, and it was generally stupid. It is very rare that I ever pick up a movie and not finish it, but both Jen and I were done after 20 minutes. Wikipedia says that it was generally disliked, and it also says Kelsey Grammer was in it, but it was not enough to save it.

Instead, we re-picked up The Way with Martin Sheen, which was at least an interesting study, with more three-dimensional characters. Makes me want to go on more long hikes.

I volunteered to sleep under baby tonight and let Jen get some rest. It worked... okay. At 4:30, I brought Betty in for a feeding, crashed on the bed next to Jen, and woke up at 7:00 to the alarm in an empty bed.

Had a visit this morning from Ryan and Mallory, our kids' friends. They're each about a year older than Edgar and Sabrina, and we watched them most mornings last year and walked them to school. Today, they came over and played video games before school. We all walked to school together, and it was super fun.

...and more baby snuggles!

I left Jen at home (to have a productive morning) and Betty and I had some fun adventures-- we dropped off Edgar's forgotten lunch at school, dropped by the bookstore (they didn't have Jen's next book), the electronics store, the record store (quite a haul today!), and some stopping to catch pokemon along the way. She stayed in her bucket and was quite content unless I stopped the car and wasn't getting her out. She was oohed and ahhed over everywhere we went. I got home and she was asleep in her carseat, so one last trip, this time with Jen in tow, to the library where they had the book.

I took a too-short nap, then it was hi-bye to Edgar and Sabrina and time for my radio show. It's always fun to get that 2 hours every week dedicated to listening to (and sharing) music. At home, Jen and Betty snuggled at home. Here's a video (accompanied by some Jesus Lizard and Brainiac from my radio show)



Home, and some packing for our upcoming weekend adventures. I'd be dishonest if I didn't say that I did more screwing around on the computer than actual helping. I guess some days are like that. We watched an episode of Star Wars Rebels with the kids, then bedtime.

Jen and I had our ritual Taco-Bell-and-a-movie tradition. We discovered that there are a couple of PBS Mystery episodes based on the Tony Hillerman books that we've both been reading. We watched half the first one tonight, then crashed.

Adventure begins tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment