Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 23-- Sunday and Swimming

As was the story with last sunday (and every sunday), today was taken up almost entirely by my church calling as Primary Chorister.

...not that I mind. I love it.

It took us hours to get the kids dressed and ready for church. Still showed up 15 minutes late. We sat with the grandparents and they fussed and doted over Sabrina while Edgar spread out all his toys in front of him and resolutely ignored the rest of the world.

Singing in Primary was fun, although we are working on a tough song-- it doesn't rhyme, it's 3 wordy verses that don't seem to work really good with actions or pictures, so we're down to the old standby- repetition, repetition, repetition. So-- we sang the same song overandoverandoverandover until everyone, including me, was hoarse. Not that we didn't have fun while doing it-- the trick is to distract the kids so that they don't notice they're singing. We played hide and seek with a robot, and everybody really got into it.

We came home, exhausted, and I fell into bed. At once, Jen woke me up, and notified me that I had been asleep for 2 hours, her parents had been over for 1 and a half, and that dinner was ready and this was her third time calling me.

After dinner, Edgar and his grandpa and I went swimming in the hotel pool. This time, Edgar started to get brave ... too brave. After Grandpa showed Edgar how to jump into the pool, Edgar wanted to do it, too. Also, Edgar thought it was fun to run right next to the edge of the pool and circle the pool. I'm not much of an overprotective parent, but that scared me a little. Oh well, no harm came of it. Edgar got a nice amount of energy out, and when his mom came to observe, Edgar ran to the towel rack and dried off, thinking she was there to pick him up.

We hurried home to some home teachers, and then put Edgar to bed.

Edgar's catchphrase today has been "Power of Greyskull!" (followed by a sound-effect "Ksssssshhhh!")

At 10, just as I was sitting down to blog, Jen handed me a fussing Sabrina and said she couldn't take any more.

(Jen's been having trouble nursing Sabrina-- nothing major, it's just painful. Brings tears to her eyes most times she nurses, [and yes, we've seen a lactation consultant, yes, we think her latch is okay, no, she doesn't have any sort of infections-- it just hurts])

So, Sabrina and I hung out. I had a whole list of things I wanted to accomplish (like dishes and packing for skiing), but Sabrina was only happy cuddled up on my chest. I couldn't put her down to save my life (reminded me of Edgar at that age). I even attempted to jury-rig a moby wrap one-handed, to try to free my hands, but that failed miserably. So, I got some good reading in while cuddling a pretty agitated baby. Finally, she fell asleep on me, and I fell asleep on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Nursing pain is the pits. :( I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete