Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 24-- Snowbeard

After taking Sabrina and falling asleep on the couch last night, I woke up and brought her into bed. Between the two hours screaming and an amazing 6 hours sleeping, we gave Jen a continuous 8 hours of sleep. I'm pretty proud.


Yesterday morning, Jen said: "Edgar, today is Sunday. What do we do on Sundays?"

E: "Swim Hotel! Swim Pool Hotel!"

Needless to say, that's what we did yesterday.

That's also the first thing we did this morning. As we were getting ready for our big day, Edgar started unzipping his pajamas. "Edgar swim! Edgar swim hotel!"

Me: "Leave your jammies on. We'll change you at the hotel"

E: "No. Leave jammies OFF!"

Edgar then left the room and proceeded to haunt the bathroom door while Jen was occupied. She says his monologue went like this:

"Mommy! Help zipper. Can't do it. Zipper. Edgar DID IT!!! Mommy, help feet. Edgar need help feet. Edgar DID IT!!! Mommy, help arms. Need help arms. Edgar DID IT!!! Edgar take diaper off. Edgar throw diaper away. Edgar sooooo naked!"

Jen emerged to find a stark naked edgar ready for swimming:

SO excited.

We're having at least as much fun as it looks like we're having.


At the hotel, I bid adieu to Jen and the kids and grandparents, and they went and drove to Seaside to spend some time there. They walked on the beach and visited the cool aquarium there. Edgar and his grandpa got splashed by the seals. This is Edgar exploring one of the touch pools:




I was able to escape all the family stuff today, and instead went skiing.

I guess this is one of the advantages of living in the northwest. we can do skiing and the beach in the same day-- at least if we split up.

First, after everyone left, I cleaned out our car, which hadn't had that happen since kid #2 arrived. It was pretty bad. I somehow managed to get the wrong headrest stuck in the back seat center headrest position. Now, we've got one weird headrest stuck way up in the air, and try as I might, I can't force it out for anything. I was pretty annoyed with it until I learned that it blocks out the headlights of the car that's directly behind you. That helps for night driving.

Niece Greta showed up at our house, and we were off on the looong drive to Ski Bowl for night skiing. I grew up closer, so I resented the fact that it took so long to get there from Salem.

The snow was icy and rock-hard, but it was snowing soft snow hard, so the new stuff was quite nice. Although the snow wasn't great, the night was cold and clear, and we had a blast zooming down icy runs.

In perfect snow and weather conditions, you just can't beat Skibowl. Unfortunately, Skibowl is also the least likely place in Oregon to have perfect snow and weather conditions. I've been told that skiing on the east coast is much like our experience today.

Ah well-- it was fun. I got to break in my new boots, which still were a little tight around my impossibly-huge calves.

Came home exhausted, and Greta got to spend some time with baby Sabrina;

I should get some sleep.

To unwind, I figured out how to play one of my favorite Built to Spill songs, first on Moog, then on quiet midnight piano. We've got a big day planned for tomorrow. I hope that I'm up to the challenge.



The following are some photos from the last few days:

Edgar using his toy shark as a utensil at Mo's. We can't take him anywhere, can we?

Uncle Brian (upstairs) enjoying a little time with the Sabrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment