Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 22-- At peace with the world

Last night, we watched Jack Bauer save the world from nuclear war, fake his own death, and put on his sunglasses and saunter off into the sunrise as we finished that season of 24 that I've been mentioning forever. We also got some fabulous sleep, and the world looked better in the morning.

Grandma and Grandpa took the kids this morning while Jen and I got some extra napping in. Napping seems to be the number-one topic of this blog, followed by nintendo and 24. Well, that's what we're up to these days.

We had wonderful lunch with the grandparents at the Konditerei. I highly reccommend the lunch special with ribbon loaf and cake. Edgar was acting up-- shrieking, etc., and this may be his last time for a long time at the cake-restaurant.

After lunch... another long nap! Edgar and I woke up first, (which isn't saying much), and we played nintendo and listened to records while Mom and Sabrina slept. It was some good boy-time together. Edgar is of the age where I can hand him a controller (not plugged in, not even from the same system that I'm playing), and he's happy just watching and pushing buttons. I know that this stage goes away fast, and I know that kids want to play and be included far younger than they can actually handle playing, so there may be a window of time in the near future where I can only play video games when Edgar's sleeping.

After an obscenely long nap, Jen woke up and invited the grandparents over. By that time, it was getting close to bedtime. A grandparents babysitting-session while Jen and I went to a movie was a non-starter. I was looking at the wrong day's schedule, and the movies that were on tonight, I have zero desire to see.

So, grandma and grandpa allowed us to do some non-fabulous grocery shopping. We also picked up Subway, as we were saving our appetites for the movie. We came home to a furiously hungry Sabrina, and an Edgar being read to in his crib by his grandpa. It was very cute. After Edgar went down, it was too late for socializing with the grandparents. They were beat.

So, not much happened today, but we are suddenly caught up on our rest, and feeling much better about each other, our family, and life in general.

1 comment: