Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 11-- Visit to Grandma and Grandpa's

Day 11--

Today was Sabrina's postpartum checkup, so we trundled into the car and headed north. First stop was to buy Edgar some new shoes. They've got firetrucks on them that light up when he steps. He's really proud.

Baby appointment went fine. All the midwives wanted to do was hold Sabrina, which is understandable, because that's all I want to do, and all anyone wants to do.

After that, Grandma and Grandpa's house. This was Sabrina's first real trip outside the house, first time at my folks', and first lots of things.

At the grandparents, we spent hours with Grandma holding baby Sabrina, and the rest of us not doing much, although everyone except Edgar managed to get a nap out of the way.

Here are lots of pictures:


Grandpa and a captive audience.



That's a proud grandma.


I just liked this picture of Edgar.



We had to convince Grandpa that he wanted to hold Sabrina, but he really enjoyed it. Can you see some family resemblance?


Edgar wanted to hold the camera, and shot this inspired little video: 





Some aunties and cousins stopped by. This is cousin Yoyo.



Chocolate brownie earthquake ice cream. A hit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Before we left this morning, Jen downloaded several months worth of photos off her cellphone. The following pictures are a potpourri of fun stuff stretching back at least since last thanksgiving:



Edgar at Jen's folks playing on Grandma's laptop. Edgar went through a phase around thanksgiving where he watched Harry Potter and the Mysterious Ticking Noise about thirty times a day.


Edgar and his best friends. This is Johnny, the upstairs neighbor, and Maya, who does daycare upstairs. These three are thick as thieves.



Edgar and Stitch watching one of Stitch's many adventures.




Andaluz has this tree with a leaf for every child born there, We found Edgar's on there. Can't wait to see Sabrina's.



This is a picture of Sabrina just minutes old. I believe this is the one she sent her family from her phone the night of Sabrina's birth.



Sabrina at one day old.
Jen: "Her lips look like the Batman symbol."

If you look closely at this picture, you can see the results of us not trimming Sabrina's fingernails immediately after she was born. She scratched up her face her first night in the world.



This is a proud (and tired! and ugly!) daddy.


This is a confused big brother. I believe this photo was taken last Sunday (by Edgar's outfit)



Jen's phone was FULL of these kind of pictures. Just mommy staring at the expressions on Sabrina's face, and taking as many pictures as possible. I may post more later.



Sabrina relaxing in her bouncy seat, getting mobbed by an affectionate older brother.







...and some recent candid pictures of the two of us. this is us enjoying pizza monday night:




Well, Edgar gets up early (too early) in the morning, so I'd better get off the internets and get some sleep.

3 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law told me once that you shouldn't clip a newborn's nails until they're a week old because they have nerve endings in them that need to recede. It may be an old wive's tale though. I stuck with baby mittens for the first week just to be safe.

    It's heartbreaking to have little scratches all over their faces one way or the other, though.

    P.S. You may not realize this yet, but I'm Anna's little sister. Maybe I should have introduced myself sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard that about newborn fingernails. Regardless, we were careful. We learned to bite rather than clip baby fingernails because it's easier to be gentle. I've always thought the baby gloves were kinda torture devices. Those kids are so used to their hands in their faces from the womb...

    Also, hi aruaL. You're like a friend that I've known for years, but I've only met you once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, like I said, it could be an old wive's tale. I wish biting Rylan's nails worked for me. He needs them clipped almost twice a week at the rate they grow.

    Indeed! But I've known Jen and her family for as long as I can remember, so I guess that's the way it goes. Whatever that was supposed to mean. :)

    ReplyDelete