Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 8 -- Cartoon Saturday

We have discovered Netflix instant streaming on our Wii.

I didn't even get dressed until almost 4 PM today.

The previous two statements are definitely related.


Edgar woke up this morning, and I tried to find him something on there he'd like. Didn't dig Fraggle Rock. Didn't want to watch Spider Man. Went back to He-man on DVD.

I tried to make waffles this morning and failed miserably... in fiery, blackened waffle iron failure. I fell asleep while trying to get Edgar to finish his replacement-breakfast of cereal, so Jen mercifully allowed me to take a morning nap. Isn't time off great?

Anyway, Jen took care of lunch, and it was almost Edgar-nap time when I woke up. I kinda like staggering naps.

During Edgar's nap, Jen Netflix'd a season of 24. That's now a nearly 24-hour time commitment she signed us up for. It was a little silly this time through, looking at all the characters going: "She's a spy. He'll get killed in episode 17. She'll be kidnapped in Episode 6, Jack Bauer will save her, and she'll get re-kidnapped in episode 21." It's amazing how a premise that seemed so interesting at first has gotten a bit predictable.

Much better was Jen watching our DVD of the Oceans 11 movies in bed last night. Those are infinitely re-watchable.

When Edgar woke up, we found Jackie Chan Adventures on Netflix, which is probably my favorite saturday morning cartoon ever (which is saying quite a bit), and we watched a few episodes of that.

Boy, my life is REALLY boring, if this has turned into the what-I-watched-on-reruns-today blog. I'm sorry. I'll try to have a more interesting life so the blog is more interesting. Actually, I'll just try to have the interesting life. TV is boring.

Took Sabrina in the car for the first time since home-from-the-birthing-center. Went to visit Ruth and Winston, a grandma-and-grandpa-type couple. They were sweet with the kids, but their cats kill my allergies. Gotta go shower now.

No comments:

Post a Comment