Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 13-- Date Night

I spent most of today regretting staying up until 2 watching 24 with my sweet wife and awake daughter.

Jen and Sabrina were up for a 6:30 AM feeding that woke me up, and since the alarm was going off at 7, I putzed around on the internet for a while waiting for the Elephants to show up.

Since we live in a basement apartment, and the upstairs neighbor has a little daycare, we have the pitter patter of little feet above our heads. Five of them. Starting at 7 AM. On hardwood floors.

We've mostly gotten used to this little vagary of life, and we usually sleep through it. The inconvenience is more than balanced out by the fact that our upstairs neighbors let us use their washer and dryer. This morning was laundry day, and I'm terribly efficient on laundry day.

I'm not too good at very many domestic chores, but when I do laundry, stuff gets done. So, I was ready, at 7 AM sharp, to start feeding all of our puked-on clothes and peed-on bedsheets through the wash. Things got off to a little late start this morning, but at 7:05, those first heavy toddler footfalls started.

After less than three footsteps, Edgar was awake. So-- laundry was postponed in favor of trundling a crying sleepy Edgar into his sleeping mother's bed for comfort, and stealing a sleepy baby out of the bed and putting her down in the most convenient place -- Edgar's bed. Our sweet little baby slept until 9:30 in Edgar's bed. Edgar, however, demanded mommy's attention and a video. Posthaste.

Mommy was in no mood to deal with Edgar, so we spent the morning together watching Kermit-the-frog and snuggling on the couch, while I snuggled back, did a few dishes, and nursed a series of mountain dews.

Jen slept in until 9:30, and got a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day. I can't imagine what she's done to deserve such a treatment....

I had a short nap with Sabrina in my armpit.

I even had a couple of potty-times with Edgar. It looks like he's going to keep at it. Even though, I still changed some major diapers of Edgar's today.

This evening, I put Edgar to bed a bit early, and Jen and I left Edgar's baby monitor and a sleeping infant with Becky upstairs, and were off for dinner and a movie.

We love Northern Lights, the local dinner theater, and the movie, Red, was really really fun. Twenty stars out of four. Explosions. Assassinations. Insanity. Black comedy. Highly recommended. It was completely awesome. It's been too long since I've seen it, but it may have been more awesome (but in a completely different way) than the other movie called Red, which is one of my favorites.

Came home to a quiet house and a hungry daughter. Life is okay tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------

Baby faces: a study in photographs by Jen:









2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much she looks like Edgar. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures!!! I feel like I'm missing out on her infant phase! Sorry about the elephants!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete