Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 13: Never Say Die

Last night, I took a fussing Betty and played some video games one-handed and let her scream at me for a few minutes. After a while, she calmed down and went to sleep. It was cute. I got tired, so I flopped on the couch, with Betty on top of me, and that worked okay until we both woke up about 1 AM. It was good to let Jen have some uninterrupted sleep for a little bit at least.

This morning, we got Sabrina to her early, foggy, soccer game. She played great. I got tons of pictures. In fact, I apologize for all the soccer pictures-- this is two weeks' worth, and Jen missed last week and this morning, so these are partially for her, too.



Came home from the game, and Jen was up and around and offered to get everything ready and let me take a nap... so, take a nap I did. I love naps.

Woke up from the nap to a visit from Greta and Tom. They brought a used crib and a new high chair. Thanks, guys! I was still super sleepy and groggy during and after their visit, and it took us way too long to get Edgar ready and out the door, and all FIVE of us crammed into our little car. In fact, I accidentally left Sabrina's lunch box, which I had packed full of water bottles, on top of the car. Somehow it miraculously made it (plus one loose water bottle) all the way (maybe 5 miles?) from our house to the soccer fields. We were late AGAIN... Edgar has had two practices and two games, and he's been substantially late to all of them. Our fault. Slow parent failure.

Anyway, Edgar had a good game too. By the afternoon, the sun had come out, and was beating down on baby's head. Edgar mostly paid attention to the game, and had some pretty awesome moments.

I said "mostly" paid attention.
..."mostly"

Okay, there he goes.
...but he sure is a fine big brother.
After soccer, I went to the store and did some wild goose chasing shopping. Then, our friends Vince and Christi visited. Vince had never seen Goonies, and we've threatened so often, that we ended up having to educate him. [He's never seen Bill and Ted, either, but we couldn't find our VHS-- I think we may have loaned it to Vince years ago]

Anyway, one awesome 80s movie and a game of carcassone later, it's time for sleep again. Well, we get to do it all again tomorrow.

P.S. -- yesterday, I mentioned Sabrina wrote me a letter telling me how much Betty pooped while I was away. Here is the letter:
Alt text? does anyone read the alt text? I could put all sorts of snarky things in here if you do...

...and no, I can't translate/transcribe all of that. I can attempt: "From Sabrina to Dad"..."Baby pooped and pooped"... "I did it by myself", but some of the middle is a little fuzzy.



No comments:

Post a Comment