Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Day 17: Tough Blood


Had another blow-up this morning. The kids refused to get up or get their habits and chores done before school, then somehow were surprised that it was time to leave already. I thought we discussed this last night. I guess we've got some work to do before Edgar and Sabrina are truly independent in the morning. They did so well the first week or so of school, but it must've been the newness and excitement of new school year and new baby that brought them through it.

Had a lazy morning with Jen, snuggling baby Betty and watching Bosch. Jen is really anxious about Sabrina's upcoming surgery. Have I mentioned the surgery? In a week, Sabrina will be getting her tonsils and adenoids removed. This should help her with her breathing at night and help her get better rest. She's currently the loudest snorer in our family. We've read all the literature, talked to the doctor, and this should be a pretty slam-dunk, routine tonsils-out operation, and it should be a pretty immediate, noticeable effect on her breathing. Jen's still worried, though. She's a good mom.

We took sabrina out of school an hour early today (we only needed her maybe 10 minutes early, but with how crazy the school parking lot gets in the afternoon, it's an hour early or nothing). So, with our extra hour, we headed to Dairy Queen.

Yes, I was just there yesterday. We even sat in the same booth.
What squinky eye?

This time, I ordered a Cotton Candy Blizzard, which matches my hair and is super duper yummy.

Jen left Betty with me while she and Sabrina went to the doctor's to have some blood drawn. (I hear Sabrina was super brave.) I Bjorn'd Betty up, and went to walk Edgar home from school. He was sure excited to see me, and we came home and talked, and played some video games together once Edgar's chores were done. I was super sleepy, but I think I held it together okay.

Sabrina and I both conked out on the couch while Edgar was battling in my pokemon game. Our lovely friend Becky brought dinner again, and it was super yummy. Yay for good friends and a good support system. We would've been in a lot worse shape if we didn't have the great loved ones and friends helping us. Having a newborn is hard in lots of unexpected ways, so the little helps are totally appreciated.

I put together my radio show for Friday, and snuggled Betty while Jen put the kids to bed. I guess Jen had some good heart-to-heart talks with both Edgar and Sabrina which may have put her mind at ease somewhat concerning Sabrina's surgery.

Settled downstairs and watched some more tv (exciting life, let me tell you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment