Thursday, September 22, 2016

Day 11: The icon of domesticity

I am the luckiest guy in the world. I get snuggles every day from this cute thing.

Baby snuggles are the best.

Not much to report today. Got the kids off to school with the usual last minute drama. Settled in and watched a few episodes of Bosch with Jen, and got some baby snuggles. I spent a good portion of today doing laundry, washing bedding, etc. I am really getting good at this chore thing (=. Too bad the laundry I do today gets dirty tomorrow. Too bad I still don't like doing it. Oh well.

Put my show together for tomorrow's radio show, then took Sabrina to soccer practice. While she practiced, I walked around the track a little near her practice. It felt good to (literally) stretch some muscles that I haven't been using lately. Apparently, this is a sign that I need to start exercising. I wonder if you can get cellphone signal at Silver Falls-- I could hatch some pokemon, walking around my favorite 8 mile loop hike.

After dinner and putting the kids to bed, Jen and I played some Carcassone and listened to some of the songs I'm playing tomorrow on the radio. Wow, not much happened today.

...But I did get baby snuggles. LOTS of baby snuggles.

For what must be the thousandth time, I'm sure grateful that I get paid time to take care of my wife and newborn (and other kids). Not everybody gets that luxury. Watching and helping Jen and the rest of the family struggle through sleeplessness, diapers, nursing, and regular family life, I can't imagine how others do it without a support system-- a husband, parents, or somebody to help full-time.

Daddy leave is AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment