Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 14: Whooooaaaa, I'm still alive...

Two weeks old, huh? Wow.

Took Edgar to church this morning. Sabrina was feeling "a little sniffly" and stayed home with Jen and Betty.

I got some looks showing up in church with blue hair. Let 'em stare.

Doing music time with the kiddos was fun. I got some good energy out of them today. The point of today's activity was to help them get comfortable singing loud. I'm a fan of loudly singing kids, because when nerves kick in, everybody gets quiet. If you're used to being super loud, then when you get nervous, it only comes out sorta-loud, which is perfect.

Anyway, I'm not sure any of the other "adult supervision" in church appreciated me getting the kids all riled up. Oh well. I'm a volunteer, right?

Came home and took a super duper long nap, much longer than I planned. Apparently Sabrina set up a lemonade stand in the backyard while Jen and I were both asleep. She had a cardboard box, a lemon, and a tub of sugar. She told Jen she was disappointed because her only customers were her and Edgar. Funny how nobody stops by a lemonade stand in your back yard.

Had a good evening snuggling baby and reading. The kids were a bit crazy, so we sent them to bed a little early.

Jen and I watched Pearl Jam Twenty.  Watching rockumentaries really inspires Jen and I to create, so I hope we'll do something musical in the next few days. Pearl Jam is a band that I like and respect, but are not one of my favorites.

Anyway, that was today. Not much. I was reading my blog from when Sabrina was born, and for the first 2-3 weeks, it was mostly this: watching TV, snuggling, not doing much. The last 3-4 weeks were adventure>adventure>adventure>adventure, and they were awesome. I guess I'm ready for some adventure. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment