Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Day 10: Traffic and Tantrums

 Another great day. Got up with the kids and got them to school.Edgar was being silly and threatening to not leave on time (or ever) but luckily we were able to kick them out the door. Jen and I snuggled and watched a coupla episodes of Bosch before I crashed.

Jen woke me up from my nap and told me it was time to get ready. Already? Awww man...

We packed up our stuff, I swung by the school to pick up the kids (a bit early, but not too much), then drove up to Andaluz in Tualatin for our neonatal appointment.

Everything is good, baby is healthy, and so is mom. Then, we plunged (at 4:45 PM) into rush hour traffic.

It took us hours to traverse the city of Portland to get to my folks' house in Vancouver. We were in traffic forever, which is not very fun in a stick-shift car, with THREE hungry kids jam-packed into the backseat. Edgar and Sabrina were super nice and loved sitting next to Baby Betty, letting her hold their finger, covering her with a blanket, etc, but it was TOO LONG for any sane person to sit in the car. Betty started screaming and wouldn't stop. Edgar and Sabrina were getting on our nerves, and each others, and it was generally time to get out of the car long before we actually could.

Spent the evening with my parents.
Love these guys.
So very much.

Betty was cute, and was loved by all. Dinner was wonderful, as per usual. After dinner, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and slipped off downstairs to take a nap.

My sister Dani and her husband Todd came over for a later dinner, and Dani got to hold Betty too:

I love this little girl. She's growing so big, learning to tolerate her siblings as they learn to tolerate them. Look, here's Sabrina being helpful and changing Betty's diaper all by herself:


Parenting WIN


Blue Steel? Are you crazy?
Finally got this family home by about 11 PM. Got the garbages out, and thought I'd try to repeat my last night's success by taking another trip to The Space. I asked Doug last night what time the show would end, as I suspected I wouldn't get back home until super late. He told me he thought the last band would start at 11. I showed up at 11:15 and the place was shuttered. Leave it to a Salem bar to close up early...

Anyways, since I was feeling daring and was out on my own, I went and conquered 3 pokemon gyms. Now, it's sleepy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment