Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 12: Blue




Okay, story time.

So, about two years ago or so, I went and bleached my hair. For fun, of course. I'm not sure blondes have more fun, but it was fun to look different for a while. At the time, Sabrina (3) said "When I grow up, I want to have PURPLE hair, and a PINK BEARD!" (Someday, I'll have to break it to that girl.) At work, I can only have a naturally-occuring color, so bleaching was one of my few options. Anyway, I made a promise back then-- If we had another kid (IF), and if I got a lot of time off (again, IF), I'd let the kids choose my hair color.

So...
This is me




It's taken two days of morning snuggles and watching Bosch to get my hair the right shade-- the first bottle of color got me lightly blue. The kids picked the color, although the box made it look more of a bluish-green cyan or mint green. But I'm all blue. I look like a frosted cupcake. Not quite Katy Perry blue, but unmistakable.

with the goop in my hair.
after one round of coloring. The blue was a little weak.



So, yeah. That's fun.

Last night, I spelled off Jen, and slept all night in the chair with Betty on me, while Jen slept in our bed. Betty only woke up twice-- well, 3 AM and 6 AM to feed. The rest of the night, we snuggled together. Although it was a bit awkward waking up at 6 AM to Betty licking my shirt in the appropriate place hoping she's get some food out of my very non-functional nipples.

Had another hard time getting the kids out the door in time for school today. I think we're going to have to start making time-to-put-your-shoes-and-backpack-on earlier and earlier until they actually do it on time.

Today was pretty low-key, other than the hair coloring. I got TONS of Betty snuggles.

I was able to go to KMUZ and do my radio show, which was fun, as always.

Pictured: fun.
Had a low-key evening of eating pizza and watching Star Wars Rebels with the kids. Sabrina wrote me a letter (!) about how much Betty pooped while I was away. (!!!)

Sabrina really wants to wear Betty's outfit
Jen castigated me for not writing about the important update that we got at our neonatal appointment a few days ago: Betty is up over her birth weight, which means she is eating healthy and everything is great. Or, in the words of Jen, "It means I'm doing something right with my boobs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment