Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Day 8: Dad dad dad dad

 OK, so round about midnight last night, I was feeding Ida from a bottle, trying our new sitting-up feeding position. She was getting near the end of her bottle and dribbling a lot of warm milk down herself and onto my leg. Then I noticed my leg getting really warm. Somehow, she had her PJs unzipped, her onesie unsnapped, her diaper off sideways, and had managed to land a full load of #1 and #2 directly on my leg. It ran down both sides of my thigh and into my bedsheets. Eww eww eww. I am a human toilet.

I also apparently haven't taken a picture in days. So this blog is boring now.

After showering off the unpleasantness, we slept and watched a bit more Cobra Kai for the midnight feeding. It just gets sillier. I swear at some point I thought they were taking the Karate Kid story seriously, but now...

I got up and did my 7 AM work meeting. Sweet Sabrina got off to school successfully. Then it was time for Betty. In recent history, getting Betty to school has been Jen's job-- partially because Betty is such an extreme Mama's girl, and partially because the 8 AM hour is a real low point for my circadian rhythms and I've found that is the most productive time for me to take a nap.

So I spent much of the 8 AM hour arguing with Betty as to whether she should go to school. "I never ever get a break!" says the kindergartner. Just you wait, girl. So, I agreed to let Betty stay home and do chores today. She started out helpful, but soon launched into non-stop whininess, pickiness over which chores she would do, and general unhelpfulness.

Auntie Brenda and Uncle Karl stopped by with U-bake pizza and salad (!!!). We sure have a great support system.

I did get a few minor errands in today. Got a decent nap in during the afternoon, but really not much happened.

Fast forward to this evening, it looks like all 3 of my older kids are borderline sick. I sure hope this doesn't come back to bite me. I'm looking back at my blog from 6 years ago, and we had all these fun adventures. Now, it seems like we just argue, fight, and get on each others' nerves. Maybe I'm just tired and sick from all the baby feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment