Friday, May 26, 2023

Day 11: It seems to get easier.

It seems each day gets a bit easier.

I woke up and had my one hour of work this morning. I shared the birth statistics Power BI report I created yesterday, as well as some other magic that I had done in Power BI, and the clients were super impressed.

A morning full of chores, including laundry, dishes, fixing different breakfasts for Betty and for Jen, cleaning up, and feeding Ida. Then, I got some good rest in before the rest of the day happened.

I got to run to the library with Sabrina, and got a new Salman Rushdie book to read. On the way home, we bought some fresh strawberries from our neighborhood Mango Man:

(Photo mostly included for future-me to see a 2023 street scene)

This evening, I got to finish my book and listen to a bit of music. The kids had lunchables for dinner, and the plan was for Jen and I to get take-out. I prepped some apple slices as a snack, but disaster struck:

It's like Halloween 1987: Razor blades in apples!

 

Afterwards, we ran over to my parents' house where Auntie Laura got to snuggle the baby:


...and Grandma too!


Home to put the kids to bed. Edgar and Sabrina did a great job of caring for Ida, including changing two outfit-ruining blowouts within 20 minutes of each other.

It got too late to actually get takeout, so Jen and I had some nachos and watched an old movie about Queen Victoria. Fun fact: Judi Dench played Queen Victoria twice in her life: "Mrs Brown" in 1997, and "Victoria and Abdul" in 2017. Queen Victoria lived a long time. She was (in real life) 20 years older when Victoria and Abdul happened, than she was during Mrs. Brown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment