Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Day 15: Now, Purple.


Aww, what a cute little girl.

What's that in the background? Oh, it's Edgar getting a color at a salon. That was a birthday present.

What? All I talk about on this blog is hair coloring? Not cute babies? That'll get old fast.

We had a lactation appointment this morning. Ida is still under her birth weight. (only by an ounce. I swear she pooped more than an ounce just before her appointment). Anyway, we've still got more pumping and bottle feeding in the future.

At 3, I took Edgar for the long-awaited salon appointment. Edgar spent 6 hours in the chair. Hope it's worth it. I sat through the first half and read my Salman Rushdie library book. Then, we had to do some creative car-swapping, and I went with Sabrina and Betty to Sabrina's school open house. We got snow-cones, we got to quickly meet Sabrina's teachers, then Sabrina serenaded passersby in the hallway with her cello.
 

 
 


OK, let's talk hair color. Sabrina got a lot of compliments for her red/purple/blue/brown look that she cooked up and I did last night. Here are some pictures although I don't think either really captures how awesome it is: 


And here's Edgar's journey:

Cut.
Curses. Foiled again.
Bleached.
Finished.


Oh yeah, and what about MY hair? Well, it looks like I dunked my head in a cheeto bag. Oh, and this is probably my favorite color I've ever had my hair.

 
Theoretically, my hair will glow under a black light. I'm going to see THE CURE tomorrow, so I'm pumped. Yes, we're taking baby. No, I don't know if that's wise or not. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment