Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 25-- Lullabies and Pain

Jen's parents flew home early this morning. We're still reeling amid the detritus of 5 whirlwind days with them. And once we recover, they're coming again in March. Glad we love them so much.

The ski trip yesterday left me not sore but exhausted -- ready to drop, all day long.

We packed up this morning for another baby appointment in Tualatin. We were told what we expected to be told, but it's still a bit frustrating. Mama and baby are the picture of health. They are doing everything right. Nursing hurts because, for Jen, nursing hurts. This is the best we can hope for.

Jen says it better than me here on her blog. I encourage you to read that, because it's sweet and makes me cry a little, too.

We spent the afternoon at my parents, where we all had a long nap. I fell asleep first, and I was so deeply asleep that I have no idea how long Edgar yelled at me (in a small, reverberant room) until I woke up, got him a bottle, and left him alone in the room to cry and fall asleep while I slept elsewhere.

We had planned on taking a niece and a nephew ice skating this afternoon, but apparently we didn't do the planning all that well. So, it was an extra-long nap instead, and I woke up wishing it could be longer.

Played some pinochle with the folks while Edgar slathered his own deck of cards all around the table. We didn't get a full game in before Sabrina insisted on mommy's full attention.

Then, a long car ride back home to rest and recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment