Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 36-- A Drastic Cut

Today was our "day off", so to speak. Slept in, slowly got things cleaned and in shape and ready to go for our big trip tomorrow. Even so, it was a lot of work.

Edgar was glad to have his sword back today, and he watched a lot of He-man.

Jen finally talked him into getting a haircut today. She's been wanting one for a while. I've been mildly opposed, but neither of us care a whole lot, so it was really Edgar's decision. Jen told Edgar that if his hair were short, there would be no more snarls and it wouldn't hurt to comb his hair. The big mind-changer, however, was the offer of a sucker for the completion of a haircut.

This wasn't Edgar's first haircut. That Prince Adam cut takes some maintenance (i.e. keeping the bangs trimmed), but it was certainly his most drastic. This is the least hair this kid has ever had.

Before.


The first cut is the deepest.

I specifically requested a mullet. I wish she'd kept it like this, but Jen refused.

I should take a sword to my next haircut. ...'course, I haven't had a proper haircut since about 2006...

All done. That's neighbor Jonny rocking the melodica.

After.



Checkin' himself out.
Yes, those are still burn bandages on his left hand.

So.. Jen and I are a little worried. We did this haircut partially because we're tired of people mistaking Edgar for a girl. Happens all the time. Now that he has short hair, he still looks androgynous. Oh well.

I got a great nap (awesome vivid dreams like sci-fi movies). Jen stayed awake with a fussy Sabrina. She didn't mention until later that she had no nap and stayed up until 3 AM last night. Whoops.

Sabrina yelled at us all day, and we didn't get much done. Jen went to the store and left me home with both kids. All I could really do was bounce crying Sabrina in her bouncer, and have Edgar sit on my lap at the computer and watch music videos. This is a favorite pastime of ours. I've linked a few favorites.

Jen came home with pizza! We began packing, but it was difficult with a girl who wouldn't stop crying.

We will leave tomorrow for Kalaloch (the place, not the band) and four days of fun and adventures. It may seem a little crazy to travel with such a little one, but we did the same with Edgar, and it was a really great experience. It helped us to figure out how to live a normal life, go normal places, and do normal things with a baby in tow.

So, now begins a new phase of the blog, too. I promised updates for every day of my forty two days, not on every day. Since we will be far away from civilization, I hope to do a little typing on the laptop, then come home, supplement with pictures, and post several days' worth in short order. So, don't expect an update to this blog for a few days, but there will be fun exciting adventures when it is updated.

3 comments:

  1. I love Edgar's haircut!!! So cute, although I was a fan of the longer hair too! He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Sad...I am gonna miss you here.
    LOVE the hair cut...he looks very grown up...Good job Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He doesn't look androgynous, He's just super cute! In my experience random people in stores often seem to guess very cute baby boys are girls...(or at least that's what I tell myself as all three of my boy have often been thought to be girls while in the grocery store when they were babies.) :)

    ReplyDelete