Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 27-- Twice as Hard

I am coming to the realization today that having two kids is exactly twice as hard as having one. There are no efficiencies. No economies of scale. Just simple arithmetic combinatory difficulty.

...trust a math geek to come up with THAT one...



The phone rang at 6:45 this morning, preempting my 7 AM alarm. Got the first load of laundry in, and since everyone else was sleeping, I took Edgar's baby monitor out of Jen and Sabrina's room and crashed on the couch, expecting to wake up either with the 8 AM kitchen timer telling me to change the laundry, or a wakeful Edgar telling me to change his diaper. Neither happened.

Jen wandered in at about 9:20 with Edgar in tow, saying he was awake in his crib talking. Apparently, I slept through both the alarm and the baby monitor. Oh well. Jen even was so kind as to let me crash in the bed for another little while.

It took the combined efforts of Jen and I today to just-kinda do the laundry and just-kinda keep the kids happy. Our house is still a mess. The dishes still aren't done. Edgar didn't even get to play outside today. We just barely made it through.

There was a point today where Jen had just fallen asleep for her much-deserved nap, and I had both kids yelling at me, saying (or thinking) "IwantmymommyIwantmymommy". Kinda sucks to be not-the-mama. Anywho, we made it through, got some laundry done (and some laundry not done), and that was that.

Edgar and I had to make a last-minute store run because the milk we bought yesterday was gone by noon today. We're used to going "to market" nearly every day on account of the small refrigerator. I picked up a salmon, which Jen and Becky made short work of, and made some yummy salmon and pasta.


Jen, with baby successfully Moby-wrapped, getting Edgar using the potty. She's supermom.

Suckers are the reward for going #2 in the potty.

We got a present/care package from an old friend today. It was much appreciated, and it contained this baby headband:
Is that a baby under that flower? She looks like something out of Super Mario Brothers.


Some more random pictures from the last two days:

They're making the same face.



Edgar and me playing cards.

I like to think that this is what Edgar will look like as a teenager.



3 comments:

  1. it's what you kind of looked like as a teenager, except he looks like Jen too.

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so lucky to have a supportive husband! I can't imagine how single parents do this. We are so lucky to have 2 beautiful, healthy, brilliant kids. Even though we complain sometimes, we are certainly aware that it could be worlds harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex that's awesome that you went poop in the potty, too! I bet Edgar and Jen were proud of you.

    ReplyDelete