Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 34-- Laundry and Taxes

There's not much to say about today. We've been planning for today ever since Sabrina was born. I kicked Jen and Edgar out of the house, and spent the whole day doing laundry and taxes.

Not my favorite things to do in the world, but things that I can dedicate some time do and get done.

So, I got an early start on laundry today. When Edgar woke up, we gave him some ibuprofen. Jen explained, "This is medicine for boys who have owies. Do you have any owies?" Edgar said, "Noooooo!"  We also re-bandaged his hand with band-aids.  He played with his hand like normal today, so it must not hurt too bad.


Look at them Band-aids! Edgar was proud of 'em.


Jen and the kids finally got out of here about 10:30 or 11.  Then it was just a matter of sorting through the MONTHS of mail piling up, throwing out the junk, and figuring out what I had.

I took a bike ride to Fred Meyer (thank you volkswagen shop that's had my car for 6 whole weeks with no word). I found a bike trailer for Jen for her birthday, but they were all out of stock in Salem, so I did the unromantic act of making her pick it up and pay for it while she was in Vancouver... Ah well.

You see, it's okay. I've got some credit in the bank. Jen forgot our anniversary year-before last, so if my birthday gift is subpar, oh well.

For the rest of the day, I napped, and did taxes. I made bacon and eggs for dinner. It was pretty unglamorous, but I accomplished everything I set out to do, so that's good.

Jen and the kids came home. I rebandaged Ed's hand in gauze and put his mitten on his hand, and rocked him to sleep. Dealt with a fussy Sabrina. The only thing that seemed to work was bouncing her and singing "'Brina is a punk rocker".

Finally finished the laundry, played a little 'tendo with Jen, and it's time to call it a night so I can get up early for skiing.

~~~Theme song for the day: Tsunami - Hockey. I've always admired the synth sound they achieve later in this song. I got to see Tsunami in the basement of a house in Salt Lake in 1997. It was legendary. ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment