Saturday, July 1, 2023

Day 47: Night Fever

Ida and I got to bed fairly early last night. Jen stayed up doing art. I don't know what time she went to bed, but she got up and fed Ida in the 2:00 hour. 

In the 3:00 hour, we had a hot little visitor to our bed. Betty was running a very high temperature. She threw up a few times, and was very dehydrated. Jen was convinced it was heat exhaustion. I wasn't so sure-- most obvious being the lack of real heat she was exposed to. Yeah, she spent a lot of time outside with her cousins, but Pacific City isn't exactly the tropics. We only spent about 15 minutes at the beach yesterday.

Anyway, Betty was acting scary. We ended up drawing her a lukewarm bath, which was freezing to her, and then having her watch endless reruns of Is It Cake and Floor Is Lava on TV (is this kiddie reality TV or kiddie game shows?)

Jen took her to Urgent Care once they opened, while I snoozed with Ida.

Betty, finally getting some rest on the exam table.

Doctor's diagnosis was strep throat. Sent Betty home to get rest and fluids.

Most of the day was spent with Betty (and the older kids) watching episode after episode of stupid tv



 Jen and I, not having slept much, took various naps and tried to get the basics of laundry, dishes, and Ida care done. I got reacquainted with my hammock for a bit.

There was a miscommunication between the doctor and the pharmacy, so we didn't get Betty's antibiotics until this evening.

Evening was spent with Betty on the couch in the living room watching her tablet while the rest of us watched Ocean's Twelve. This was about my 5th time through it and I think I finally understood it.

Not much happened today, but I suppose that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment