Friday, November 4, 2016

Day 54: Silver Falls

This morning's adventure? Silver Falls!

In order to get everybody there, we had to take two cars. David and I took my orange vw.  It just baaaarely made it up the hill, but it made it there.

We took some pictures when we first got there.




Just after David and I arrived, I got a call from Jen that Sabrina had gotten carsick and vom'd all over the car. Jen took the kids, cleaned up and went home. A sweet story from Edgar-- Jen asked Edgar if he wanted her to take him (the last 5 miles) to Silver Falls so he could go with us, or if he wanted to stay with his sister. Edgar said "I don't know. I kinda really want to go. Sabrina, what do YOU want?" Sabrina said "Edgar, I want you to stay with me." Edgar said, "Then, it's decided. I really wanted to go, but now I'll stay with you." What a sweet brother.


So, David and I went to south falls.
just two dudes and a waterfall.




"this one's for Match.com."
No, seriously.. .this one's for LDSSingles.net.



After the hike out of the canyon, I was out of shape and exhausted. So much for wanting to do the full 9 mile loop.

We headed back home, and picked up some steelhead at Fitts' Seafood. David took a nap, I took over cleaning the vomit mobile (Jen started it and did most of the work), and Jen tried really hard not to burn the salmon. It turned out extra yummy.

At 4, David and I headed to the radio station. David picked out the songs, and we had a lot of fun playing them.



Towards the end of my radio show, I discovered that my wedding ring was missing. I had no idea where I took it off. I looked everywhere at the station, but I just couldn't find it.

We headed up to Portland. We discovered just before leaving for the radio show that the show we were going to see tonight was sold out. So, we didn't have a lot of direction, but we headed north. David was going to surprise his sister who lives in Beaverton, but got worried about whether she'd actually be there, so he called her from the car on the way up. Turns out she was home, so we visited with her, her husband, and five kids. We all went to Burgerville and got some burgers.

After Burgerville, I got a text from Edgar. He'd found the precious!

Apparently, it was in my bed next to my pillow?

I guess Sabrina and Betty got some good snuggling in while I was gone:



David and I headed back to Salem, and went to The Space to see the show, but things were running late, and we were tired, so we watched a few songs from the touring punk band and went home. David immediately disappeared into his chamber, so we'll see what he's up for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment